Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hermione.

Being in class is almost like being in a competition.
The prize is a job.

The instructor could make it very easy for one of us to get hired. He pretty much admitted that these classes are for recruiting new EMTs.

We started out with 12, and now we're down to 8.


There is a girl in my class that I've been calling Hermione.

She isn't a witch, but her hair is sort of bushy and she is a bit of a know-it-all.
It isn't totally fair of me to call her Hermione, as she isn't obnoxious and doesn't frantically wave her hand in class when she knows the answer.

But that's probably because we don't raise our hands in class anyway, it's kind of a verbal free for all. We either shout the answers, or the instructor calls on someone specifically, and then that person freezes up, and everyone goes back to shouting.

Okay, maybe that's just when he calls on me.

:/ 

He calls on Hermione a lot, and she is always right.

Also, she gets the highest score on every test.

(Until the last test, I was getting second highest. >:( )

I might just be jealous.

I have the right answer only about 60% of the time when called on, because I freeze up and everything in my mind falls out of my head. It's only later, when I'm scooping my brains off the floor, that I realize how obvious the answer was and how much of an idiot I must appear to be. :/


Anyway, the main reason I call this girl Hermione is because she wears the Gryffindor colors over her uniform, almost every day. But I don't think she's aware the she is doing it.

Fun fact: Her apparent best friend wears a Slytherin hoodie most days.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting fun fact.

    Perhaps getting adequate rest the night before class would help your performance when you get called on to answer a question?

    ReplyDelete